Loseries: Tantrik Literature and Culture
Loseries, Andrea [Hrsg.]:
Tantrik Literature and Culture : Hermeneutics and Expositions ; proceedings of the 6th International Csoma de Koros Symposium, Kolkata/Santiniketan, March 2009, selected papers et al. / ed. by Andrea Loseries. - Delhi : Buddhist World Press, 2013. - 195 S. : Ill.
US$ 79,35 (D.K. Agencies)
US$ 85,00 (Vedams Books)
US$ 99,90 (Bagchee)
Rabindranath Tagore, the founder of Visva-Bharati, favored learning on Buddhism through languages like Sanskrit, Pali, Chinese and Tibetan. In Santiniketan the invitation of Sylvain Levi in 1921 is termed as the starting of Buddhist studies at Visva Bharati. Rabindranath Tagore himself was a student in the classes of Professor Levi in the early twenties of the past century along with M.V. Shastri and P.C. Bagchi.
The centre for Buddhist studies, Visva-Bharati, was launched in 2007 under the Scheme of social Epoch making thinkers of the University Grants commission. The activities of the centre CBS are class lectures in form of certified training programs on Buddhism as well as specialized classes on Buddhist cultures and languages of Mongolia 2010-11, Bhotia Ladakh 2011-12 Sikkimese 2012-13, Dzongkha 2013-14, as well as Pali and Buddhist Sanskrit special lectures series Buddhist art and architecture 2011-12, International seminars with special focus on research on Prajnaparamita and medieval Tantrik literature in the Indo-Tibetan interface film shows and exhibitions. [Vom Buchumschlag]
ANDREA LOSERIES, Professor, Department of Indo-Tibetan Studies, Visva-Bharati, Santiniketan.
- Tantrik Literature and Culture: Hermeneutics and Expositions. 6th International Csoma de Kőrös Symposium, Kolkata, Santiniketan. 195 S. (2013).
- Spread and Influence of Hinduism and Buddhism
- Pilgrims and Travellers in Search of the Holy
- Tantra im Westen
- Transformations and Transfer of Tantra
- Religion-State Encounters in Hindu Domains
- Hindu and Buddhist Initiations
- Release from Life – Release in Life
- Western Himalayan Temple Records